January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Janowrimo 2010: Day 30 New writing goals

Okay, so January hasn't worked out quite the way I had hoped. No 20,000 words to add to my overall wordcount. Not even close. But I'm not going to cry about it. Instead a new month is in the offing and with it new days waiting to be filled with words.

My February wordcount goal is 25,000 words. To that end, I've signed up for the Book-in-Week challenge and set a goal of 20 pages for the first week. BIW considers 250 words a page so meeting my goal would be a good start of 5,000 words toward the total. Why not join me in a February wordcount marathon? I could use the company. Leave a comment telling us your monthly wordcount goal and the name and/or type of project. Love to have some more company as I try to blast through this obstacle course thwarting me every day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll join you, Vikk. I think 20 pages of new material would be a good goal for me also. I need to write scenes for those places I just call "placemarker" right now. Meanwhile, I'll keep plugging along and turning in the puffed up, linked and revised pages to Lorin.

Claudine

Leigh Russell said...

It's essential to set yourself goals - although I find the most effective motivation is a deadline from my publisher! Even when I'm not under external pressure, I set myself goals to write a certain chapter today, or rework that chapter. It's hard to keep going when you're working full-time, but I try not to flag. (With limited success sometimes...)
CUT SHORT is in stock on amazon.com again, after its second reprint in six months. If you read it, please let me know what you think.
Good luck with your next writing goal!

vikk simmons said...

Hey Claudine, Welcome! Happy to have you aboard. We'll keep one another advised of our progress. (How's that for a positive spin?)

vikk simmons said...

Hi Leigh,

Well, I'll definitely agree with you about the kick-in-the-pants boost a contract provides. :) Looks to me like you've been doing a great job and are really moving forward. Glad your book is in stock now. I'll check it out on Amazon.