January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

All caught up

Okay, yesterday I managed to get caught up and have entered my full tally of 3,610 words. I also had an online brainstorming session with one of my writer-friends and have a few more elements that I can quickly bring into the story. WHIRLPOOL is the first novel in what is basically a tryptech structure of three novels featuring the same Houston homicide detective. I had sketched out a change in partners for the second novel that introduces a lot of conflict and now realize I might as well do it in the first book. Why save my gunpowder, right? I also have a bridging story that is another case that I had structured into the second novel that I now think I'm going to bring up front. With these additions I have plenty of ammunition to fuel my day's writing.

Drop by my blog at
Down the Writer's Path and read my reviews on Blogcritics.org.

No comments: