January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Chugging along on the NaNoWriMo train

Okay, racked up another 1K words or so to push me over the 5K top. It's like running a marathan. I guess my strategy is to conserve energy in the beginning while I build momentum for a major sprint at the end.

Right now I'm trying to find a way to smooth in the entrance of another murder case so that it appears more seamless. Homicide detectives do work on more than one case at a time. (Note to self: Check out a few Ed McBain's novels to see how he handled this.) And I have a few passages where the POV needs some work. I'm not actually rewriting, more like making notes as I go. (I love Microsoft Word's comment feature and use it all the time to tab reminders for me to do later.)

Well, it's been a long day and last night I was working on another project until about 4am so I better start winding down.

G'night, all.

Drop by my blog at Down the Writer's Path and read my reviews on Blogcritics.org.

No comments: