January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

NaNoWrimo ends but not so Whirlpool

'Tis the end of the month, and I've reached the end of the 2006 NaNoWrimo road. Does that mean the journey is at an end? Not at all. The work continues. I have 71 pages to play with and a new subplot to weave into the storyline. I feel confident that I will have my goal of 100 pages by the end of the year, albeit in rough format. But that's okay. I'll be 100 pages further along than I was On November 1st of this year.

The past week had its own issues so I didn't push along as far as I'd planned--but that happens. I'm okay with it. Participating in this year's romp caused the usual compression and tension and out popped the potential subplot. Don't know if I would have come to that had I not been pushing the story down the birth canal. In addition I made some huge decisions about the character of the partner that will have some major ramifications in the development of the story. The best of it results in added tension between the two partners on multiple levels. Again, not sure I would have gone there had I not been on the Wrimo trail.


So, for me this year has been a success. I have 18K words and 71 pages, and I'm well on my way to reaching my personal goal by the end of the year. Now I have to wonder...will Whirlpool be the subject of NaNoWriMo 2007?

Drop by my blog at Down the Writer's Path and read my reviews on Blogcritics.org.

No comments: