January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Saturday, November 11, 2006

NaNoWriMo train keeps chugging

Well, I'm still here, still working on the story and scraping the bottom of the 10K level. I guess I could have pushed on but I came to a natural stopping point and it's been a long day, so...although my wordcount is steady it's clear from the graph that I'm going to have to pick it up some if I want to make the 50K wordcount. I think I've found a way to easily work in the second murder case and let it come forward for a while, then as it winds down the main murder case picks up steam. I actually feel pretty good about it, too, because I think it will provide a realistic feel for the life of the homicide detectives.

More tomorrow.


Drop by my blog at Down the Writer's Path and read my reviews on Blogcritics.org.

No comments: