January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Monday, November 06, 2006

Nanowrimo 2006

Well, I'm off to a great start. Forgot I was going to do this so I'm a little late signing up but I will be writing. My intention is to write as much as I can this month and my goal is 100 pages in very rough draft. One reason for that goal being so primary is that I have a goal of 100 pages for the Donald Maass Breakout Novel Workshop that I'm attending in March. NaNoWrimo is a good way to kick-start these pages and get the first draft going.

If you've been to this blog before you know I've participated in the 2004 and 2005 NaNoWriMos but didn't really push through to the end, although I did manage to get quite a few pages written. Those pages have been scrapped. Over the last year I've made some major changes to the story including changing the main POV character so I'm really starting from square one.

One of my longtime writing friends is also participating this year and is going by the name of Wolverina. She's listed as my buddy. It'll be fun going through the process with a good friend.

Check back for more info during the month.

Drop by my blog at
Down the Writer's Path and read my reviews on Blogcritics.org.

No comments: