January 2010 Wordcount Goal: 73,000

Monday, November 01, 2004

Creation of a novel-day 1

Today, thanks to Barbara Klaser, mystery novelist and regular reader of my blog Down the Writer's Path, I discovered Blogger.com's Na-No-Blog-Mo (National Novel Blogging Month) effort to pair up with the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) contest and encourage novel writing participants to begin a blog to record their efforts during the month. This is my entry into the race toward 175 pages/50,000 words.

After much trolling through storylines and old files, I settled on an idea for a crime novel about ten years ago. Originally I thought the book would be along the lines of an amateur sleuth mystery but time has passed, the years have rolled by, and I've decided the time to build a career in category is long gone and I should head for the finish line with more of a "break-out" book. The original title was Murder at the Whirlpool; today the title is simply WHIRLPOOL.

I'll be recording my adventures daily as I type my way to madness. At the stroke of midnight last night I tapped out 1,574 words of the new novel. The crime has been committed, the suspect is found, the die is cast.

Drop by my blog on writing and publishing at
Down the Writer's Path.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about idea home based service business. I also have a site about idea home based service business which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!